Lord, when I awake each morning, especially those mornings when fear and dread are my first reality, may my heart remember these things about the day You have made:
This is the day that the Lord has made – (a day where:)
- Your love for me remains and will not fail.
- Brand new mercies cover me.
- I can learn better to hear Your voice that tells me not to fear.
- I can hold Your hand and talk to You in the middle of every difficulty.
- I can take comfort in the reality that this life on earth is temporary, as are our trials.
- No matter what, one day there will be no more fear or dread for tomorrow, no more tears shed from broken hearts, no more pain.
- You will provide all that I need.
- I can practice fixing my eyes on You and remember that this day (and every day) is about You.
- I need not fear tomorrow, for You are LORD over all my tomorrows and will only allow what will work together for good – even if it’s dark, I know You are working.
I will rejoice and be glad in it – (by Your grace, help me to:)
- Remember to bless You with a grateful heart
- Tell of Your goodness
- Remember and delight in Your great works.
- Sing Your praises
- Be amazed that You (the Creator of all things and LORD of all) love me!
- Fix my eyes on You
- Be in awe of Your majesty and power and sovereignty and wisdom
- Fear You in awe and reverence and not demand to understand all the ways You work to carry out Your plans
- Accept Your love and forgiveness and love you in return
- Give You this day to use my life for Your glory
This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, and I will exalt You. Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever. Psalm 118:28, 29
9 thoughts on “This Is the Day the LORD Has Made”
Good words for a Monday morning.
Uplifting and true… helpful and a great reminder of how much you care. We are never far from your love and help. We can be thankful for all things. Thank you.
For all of us, “list lovers” this format is an excellent way to remember God’s love and to squash anxiety!
Thank you Debi.
Thanks, Robyn ❤️
I can read this every day!
Grateful for this reminder! I like the list format and will be saving it to remind myself of these truths when it gets very dark.
I have quoted this verse many, many times to help me when I am weak.