Lord, when I awake each morning, especially those mornings when fear and dread are my first reality, may my heart remember these things about the day You have made:
This is the day that the Lord has made – (a day where:)
- Your love for me remains and will not fail.
- Brand new mercies cover me.
- I can learn better to hear Your voice that tells me not to fear.
- I can hold Your hand and talk to You in the middle of every difficulty.
- I can take comfort in the reality that this life on earth is temporary, as are our trials.
- No matter what, one day there will be no more fear or dread for tomorrow, no more tears shed from broken hearts, no more pain.
- You will provide all that I need.
- I can practice fixing my eyes on You and remember that this day (and every day) is about You.
- I need not fear tomorrow, for You are LORD over all my tomorrows and will only allow what will work together for good – even if it’s dark, I know You are working.
I will rejoice and be glad in it – (by Your grace, help me to:)
- Remember to bless You with a grateful heart
- Tell of Your goodness
- Remember and delight in Your great works.
- Sing Your praises
- Be amazed that You (the Creator of all things and LORD of all) love me!
- Fix my eyes on You
- Be in awe of Your majesty and power and sovereignty and wisdom
- Fear You in awe and reverence and not demand to understand all the ways You work to carry out Your plans
- Accept Your love and forgiveness and love you in return
- Give You this day to use my life for Your glory
This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, and I will exalt You. Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever. Psalm 118:28, 29